Thursday, March 31, 2011

So what!

So, I just can't sit down. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don’t have kids yet, but dammit if I can’t sit still! A few weekends ago, the better half went out of town, and boy was I excited! No one to cook for but me, I could watch the movies I chose, and not worry about someone changing the channel, and no worry about my turn to use the computer. My plan was to catch up on ALL of season 2 of Mad Men, clean the bathroom, open a bottle of wine and order takeout, and not think about someone coming from behind and throwing it all off.

But it didn’t work! I woke up Sat late morning, started cleaning the bathroom, and thought, it would make sense to clean the other bathrooms, since you’ve got the mop, bucket, and gloves out already. When that was done I figured I was already messy, I might as well vacuum. Oh, and there’s dust over there, let me clean that. When I finally, stopped and sat down, I couldn’t help but keep getting up! And even when Mad Men was on, I found something to pick up, something to wipe down, or something to re-organize. I don’t get it. I’m disappointed in myself. I miss my laziness and ability to just say “so what!”

2 comments:

  1. I must always be multi-tasking. It's impossible to sit still and watch TV! I must be reading a magazine or on my laptop simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mad men!! I am so ready for season 4 to be ready for pick up at the library...in the mean time get back to cleaning LOL

    ReplyDelete