Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Hand Dipped



It’s an amazing dessert. Simply put it’s bliss. And no, I’m not exaggerating. I call it the Hand Dipped- A Costco creation.

Fresh, homemade vanilla ice cream, frozen into an individual, perfectly portioned treat on a stick. This wonderful dessert is then “hand dipped” into a vat of warm chocolate, which immediately hardens into a delightfully delectable, candy shell. The final step is to roll this little gourmet delicacy through freshly crushed, lightly sugared pecans.

Mmmmmm…. it makes me shudder to think about. Have you ever had one?

It’s one of those indulgent activities that I engage in every so often. After a long day at work, or a particularly exhausting day of cleaning; a reward after a really good day of eating healthy or to finish off a nice dinner out; hell, sometimes, it’s just ‘because’. Sometimes the hand dipped is just that chocolate fix I need.

I may sound obsessed right now, or even slightly mad, but until you’ve done the hand dipped, and let the taste comfort you for the 5-8 minutes that you enjoy the dessert- don’t judge.

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, I feel your "pain". I have never considered the "natural" plan of action but I have certainly been frustrated with the "hair problems" for years!!!! The financial piece of this can be "astronomical" over a period of time. We do however, want to look "pretty" for our husbands and more importantly FOR OURSELVES!
    Ms. James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm going to make this asap. I have a sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete